Vicifons:Scriptorium

E Wikisource
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Hac pagina scriptorium Vicifontis est.
Nunc iam sunt 15 597 paginae. Hodie dies Saturni, 4 februarii 2023.


(DE) Neue Nachrichten dürfen auf Latein, Französisch, Englisch oder Italienisch gestellt werden.
(EN) You can write a new message in Latin, French, English or Italian.
(FR) Vous pouvez écrire en latin, en français, en italien ou en anglais.
(IT) Potete scrivere in latino, italiano, francese o inglese.

(ALIAE) Aliis linguis uti potes, sed noli iubere nos facile eas intellegere


Quaestio nova
Ut sententias antiquiores legas vide Vicifons:Scriptorium/Vetera


Forum-de-César.jpg
Scriptorium Vicifontis

Alia scriptoria

Vicipaedia:Taberna
Vicicitatio:Taberna
Victionarium:Taberna


Wiki Loves Folklore is back![recensere]

Please help translate to your language

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

You can also organize a local contest in your country and support us in translating the project pages to help us spread the word in your native language.

Feel free to contact us on our project Talk page if you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 13:15, 9 Ianuarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

opus concinnandum[recensere]

I was unable to identify a template or category to mark texts that require cleanup, so I am just posting here to note that Naturalis Historia/Liber XXVII needs some serious cleanup from someone with the time and interest. This, that and the other (disputatio) 01:52, 10 Ianuarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now open[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 February 2022.

With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.

Join the conversation.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) 00:30, 15 Ianuarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[recensere]

Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, interface administrator, etc.) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.

We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no logged actions for more than 2 years):

  1. Hsarrazin (bureaucrat, administrator)

These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.

However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, علاء (disputatio) 09:26, 17 Ianuarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Subscribe to the This Month in Education newsletter - learn from others and share your stories[recensere]

Dear community members,

Greetings from the EWOC Newsletter team and the education team at Wikimedia Foundation. We are very excited to share that we on tenth years of Education Newsletter (This Month in Education) invite you to join us by subscribing to the newsletter on your talk page or by sharing your activities in the upcoming newsletters. The Wikimedia Education newsletter is a monthly newsletter that collects articles written by community members using Wikimedia projects in education around the world, and it is published by the EWOC Newsletter team in collaboration with the Education team. These stories can bring you new ideas to try, valuable insights about the success and challenges of our community members in running education programs in their context.

If your affiliate/language project is developing its own education initiatives, please remember to take advantage of this newsletter to publish your stories with the wider movement that shares your passion for education. You can submit newsletter articles in your own language or submit bilingual articles for the education newsletter. For the month of January the deadline to submit articles is on the 20th January. We look forward to reading your stories.

Older versions of this newsletter can be found in the complete archive.

More information about the newsletter can be found at Education/Newsletter/About.

For more information, please contact spatnaikFormula:Errorwikimedia.org.


About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: ZI Jony (Talk), dies Saturni 21:41, 04 februarii 2023 (UTC)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 5[recensere]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 5, January 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fifth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News (formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News)! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly or bi-weekly to subscribers. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive these updates.

  • Call for Feedback about the Board elections - We invite you to give your feedback on the upcoming WMF Board of Trustees election. This call for feedback went live on 10th January 2022 and will be concluded on 16th February 2022. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification - In 2021, the WMF asked communities about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct policy text. The revised draft of the enforcement guidelines should be ready for community vote in March. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants - As we continue to review several interesting proposals, we encourage and welcome more proposals and ideas that target a specific initiative from the Movement Strategy recommendations. (continue reading)
  • The New Direction for the Newsletter - As the UCoC Newsletter transitions into MSG Newsletter, join the facilitation team in envisioning and deciding on the new directions for this newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about MSG on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

Xeno (WMF) 03:12, 29 Ianuarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Updates on the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines Review[recensere]

Hello, I have an update on the vote on the enforcement guidelines that was mentioned above. Xeno (WMF) (disputatio) 02:51, 4 Februarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]


You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement Guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the Universal Code of Conduct across the movement. Comments about the guidelines can be shared here or the Meta-wiki talk page.

There will be conversations on Zoom on 4 February 2022 at 15:00 UTC, 25 February 2022 at 12:00 UTC, and 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC. Join the UCoC project team and drafting committee members to discuss the guidelines and voting process.

The timeline is available on Meta-wiki. The voting period is March 7 to 21. See the voting information page for more details.

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far.

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation

Hello everyone, can anyone help me and say what the last two letters of the last word of the second section on page (Græcorumos) is? Furthermore, i wonder if there is a way to connect different pages like on de:Seite:Die Gartenlaube (1853) 009.jpg where you have arrows on the top to navigate to page 008 and 010? Thank you in advance, --Arnd (disputatio) 07:07, 9 Februarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@Aschroet: Græcorumos? The second section of the page you linked to (288) ends in Heroicis, correctly transcribed. I'm sure you must be asking something else, though.--Ser be etre shi (disputatio) 01:27, 7 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Oh, I understand now. You're looking at Graecorumque actually. That's an old abbreviation for it.--Ser be etre shi (disputatio) 01:29, 7 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Leadership Development Task Force: Your feedback is appreciated[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.

The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force. This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help. Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7 to 25 February 2022.

Xeno (WMF) 02:20, 9 Februarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Phormio Terenti[recensere]

I have started a transcription of an English translation of Phormio at en.WS, but the scan also includes the Latin text on the even-numbered pages, if anyone is interested in creating a scan-backed copy of the play here. See s:en:Index:Phormio (Morgan 1894).djvu --EncycloPetey (disputatio) 05:25, 19 Februarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore is extended till 15th March[recensere]

Please help translate to your language
Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

Greetings from Wiki Loves Folklore International Team,

We are pleased to inform you that Wiki Loves Folklore an international photographic contest on Wikimedia Commons has been extended till the 15th of March 2022. The scope of the contest is focused on folk culture of different regions on categories, such as, but not limited to, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, etc.

We would like to have your immense participation in the photographic contest to document your local Folk culture on Wikipedia. You can also help with the translation of project pages and share a word in your local language.

Best wishes,

International Team
Wiki Loves Folklore

MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 04:50, 22 Februarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Coming soon[recensere]

- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 12:38, 28 Februarii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Remember to Participate in the UCoC Conversations and Ratification Vote![recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

A vote in SecurePoll from 7 to 21 March 2022 is scheduled as part of the ratification process for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement guidelines. Eligible voters are invited to answer a poll question and share comments. Read voter information and eligibility details. During the poll, voters will be asked if they support the enforcement of the Universal Code of Conduct based on the proposed guidelines.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. A Wikimedia Foundation Board statement calls for a ratification process where eligible voters will have an opportunity to support or oppose the adoption of the UCoC Enforcement guidelines in a vote. Wikimedians are invited to translate and share important information. For more information about the UCoC, please see the project page and frequently asked questions on Meta-wiki.

There are events scheduled to learn more and discuss:

  • A community panel recorded on 18 February 2022 shares perspectives from small- and medium-sized community participants.
  • The Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team is hosting Conversation Hours on 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC. Please sign-up to interact with the project team and the drafting committee about the updated enforcement guidelines and the ratification process. See the Conversation Hour summaries for notes from 4 February 2022 and 25 February 2022.

You can comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact either team by email: msg(_AT_)wikimedia.org or ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 02:17, 2 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting open from 7 to 21 March 2022[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) is now open! Voting commenced on SecurePoll on 7 March 2022 and will conclude on 21 March 2022. Please read more on the voter information and eligibility details.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. You can read more about the UCoC project.

You can also comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact the team by email: ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 00:52, 8 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to Hubs event: Global Conversation on 2022-03-12 at 13:00 UTC[recensere]

Hello!

The Movement Strategy and Governance team of the Wikimedia Foundation would like to invite you to the next event about "Regional and Thematic Hubs". The Wikimedia Movement is in the process of understanding what Regional and Thematic Hubs should be. Our workshop in November was a good start (read the report), but we're not finished yet.

Over the last weeks we conducted about 16 interviews with groups working on establishing a Hub in their context (see Hubs Dialogue). These interviews informed a report that will serve as a foundation for discussion on March 12. The report is planned to be published on March 9.

The event will take place on March 12, 13:00 to 16:00 UTC on Zoom. Interpretation will be provided in French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and Portuguese. Registration is open, and will close on March 10. Anyone interested in the topic is invited to join us. More information on the event on Meta-wiki.

Best regards,

Kaarel Vaidla
Movement Strategy

01:31, 10 Martii 2022 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends tomorrow[recensere]

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

International photographic contest Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends on 15th March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. This is the last chance of the year to upload images about local folk culture, festival, cuisine, costume, folklore etc on Wikimedia Commons. Watch out our social media handles for regular updates and declaration of Winners.

(Facebook , Twitter , Instagram)

The writing competition Feminism and Folklore will run till 31st of March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. Write about your local folk tradition, women, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, folklore, and tradition, including ballads, folktales, fairy tales, legends, traditional song and dance, folk plays, games, seasonal events, calendar customs, folk arts, folk religion, mythology etc. on your local Wikipedia. Check if your local Wikipedia is participating

A special competition called Wiki Loves Falles is organised in Spain and the world during 15th March 2022 till 15th April 2022 to document local folk culture and Falles in Valencia, Spain. Learn more about it on Catalan Wikipedia project page.

We look forward for your immense co-operation.

Thanks Wiki Loves Folklore international Team MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 14:41, 14 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to join the first Wikisource Triage meeting on 21st March 2022[recensere]

Hello everyone,

Sam Wilson and I are excited to share that we will be hosting regular Wikisource Triage meetings, starting from 21st March 2022.

These meetings aim to foster the growth of a technical community of Wikisource developers and contributors. The meetings will be primarily focused on identifying, prioritizing and estimating tasks on the All-and-every-Wikisource and ProofreadPage workboards (among others) on Phabricator and eventually reduce the backlog of technical tasks and bugs related to Wikisource by making incremental improvements to Wikisource infrastructure and coordinating these changes with the Wikisource communities.

While these meetings are technology focused, non-technical Wikisource contributors are also invited to join and share any technical challenges that they are facing and we will help them to create phabricator tickets. Newbie developers are also more than welcome!

The first meeting has been scheduled for 21st March 2022 at 10:30 AM UTC / 4:00 PM IST (Check your local time). If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

On behalf of Sam Wilson and Satdeep Gill

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 15:52, 15 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Leadership Development Working Group: Apply to join! (14 March to 10 April 2022)[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the feedback period for the Leadership Development Working Group initiative. A summary of the feedback can be found on Meta-wiki. This feedback will be shared with the working group to inform their work. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and will close on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you,

From the Community Development team

Xeno (WMF) 02:20, 18 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting is now closed[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Greetings,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) came to a close on 21 March 2022. Over 2300 Wikimedians voted across different regions of our movement. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process! The scrutinizing group is now reviewing the vote for accuracy, so please allow up to two weeks for them to finish their work.

The final results from the voting process will be announced here, along with the relevant statistics and a summary of comments as soon as they are available. Please check out the voter information page to learn about the next steps. You can comment on the project talk page on Meta-wiki in any language. You may also contact the UCoC project team by email: ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org

Best regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) 01:53, 30 Martii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Philippi Cluueri/Germania Antiqua[recensere]

Bonjour, je suis un nouveau contributeur sur les plateformes Wiki, je me porte volontaire pour lancer les travaux afin d'importer le contenu de cet imposant ouvrage (1216 pages) dont on peut trouver un exemplaire très intéressant de 1216 pages sur Google Books. Pour l'instant, j'ai extrait la base texte du pdf et j'ai commencé les corrections à partir de la vignette 95 pour répondre aux besoins de la rédaction d'un article.

Hello, I am a new contributor on the Wiki platforms, I volunteer to start the work in order to import the content of this imposing work (1216 pages) of which you can find a very interesting copy of 1216 pages on Google Books. For now, I extracted the text base from the pdf and started the corrections from thumbnail 95 to meet the needs of writing an article.

@LokitoX8: welcome to Vicifons and the overall Wikisource community! I have see your post on the FRWS, but since the book that interest you is in Latin, continuing the discussion here make sense. First of all, you want to upload the book on Special:UploadWizard. We like to use djvu files on Wikisource, but pdfs are fine as well. You only need to follow the instructions of the UploadWizard; for the file name, I recommend something along the line of Clüver - Germania antiqua, 1616. Note that the pdf on Google Books is fairly large, so I'm not 100% sure that it will get through the UploadWizard; also, you will need a good upload connection otherwise you will time out during the process (like me). In any case, it might be a good idea to look around if you find a smaller file or compress this one. Once the file is on Commons, we'll be able to create the Liber: page here and you'll get started. --Jahl de Vautban (disputatio) 19:34, 10 Aprilis 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Agreed, thank you for your welcome and for these very clear explanations, maybe I could provide a lighter file than the source file LokitoX8 (disputatio) 19:55, 10 Aprilis 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
"Once the file is on Commons, we'll be able to create the Liber: page here and you'll get started"
The upload is done, Clüver - Germania antiqua, 1616.pdf LokitoX8 (disputatio) 15:30, 15 Aprilis 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 6[recensere]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 6, April 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the sixth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board of trustees elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while the more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Leadership Development - A Working Group is Forming! - The application to join the Leadership Development Working Group closed on April 10th, 2022, and up to 12 community members will be selected to participate in the working group. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification Results are out! - The global decision process on the enforcement of the UCoC via SecurePoll was held from 7 to 21 March. Over 2,300 eligible voters from at least 128 different home projects submitted their opinions and comments. (continue reading)
  • Movement Discussions on Hubs - The Global Conversation event on Regional and Thematic Hubs was held on Saturday, March 12, and was attended by 84 diverse Wikimedians from across the movement. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Grants Remain Open! - Since the start of the year, six proposals with a total value of about $80,000 USD have been approved. Do you have a movement strategy project idea? Reach out to us! (continue reading)
  • The Movement Charter Drafting Committee is All Set! - The Committee of fifteen members which was elected in October 2021, has agreed on the essential values and methods for its work, and has started to create the outline of the Movement Charter draft. (continue reading)
  • Introducing Movement Strategy Weekly - Contribute and Subscribe! - The MSG team have just launched the updates portal, which is connected to the various Movement Strategy pages on Meta-wiki. Subscriber to get up-to-date news about the various ongoing projects. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about Movement Strategy on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

Also, a draft of the 2022-23 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan has been published. Input is being sought on-wiki and during several conversations with Wikimedia Foundation CEO Maryana Iskander.

See full announcement on Meta-wiki. Xeno (WMF) 01:46, 22 Aprilis 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Coming soon: Improvements for templates[recensere]

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 11:13, 29 Aprilis 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Editing news 2022 #1[recensere]

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

New editors were more successful with this new tool.

The New topic tool helps editors create new ==Sections== on discussion pages. New editors are more successful with this new tool. You can read the report. Soon, the Editing team will offer this to all editors at the 20 Wikipedias that participated in the test. You will be able to turn it off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion.

Whatamidoing (WMF) 18:56, 2 Maii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

2022 Board of Trustees Call for Candidates[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees seeks candidates for the 2022 Board of Trustees election. Read more on Meta-wiki.

The 2022 Board of Trustees election is here! Please consider submitting your candidacy to serve on the Board of Trustees.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. Community-and-affiliate selected trustees and Board-appointed trustees make up the Board of Trustees. Each trustee serves a three year term. The Wikimedia community has the opportunity to vote for community-and-affiliate selected trustees.

The Wikimedia community will vote to fill two seats on the Board in 2022. This is an opportunity to improve the representation, diversity, and expertise of the Board as a team.

Who are potential candidates? Are you a potential candidate? Find out more on the Apply to be a Candidate page.

Thank you for your support,

Movement Strategy and Governance on behalf of the Elections Committee and the Board of Trustees
10:39, 10 Maii 2022 (UTC)

Poll regarding Third Wikisource Triage meeting[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the third Wikisource Triage meeting in the last week of May and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below by 20th May 2022:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/ctQEP3He1XCNullZ

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 03:38, 14 Maii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to join the third Wikisource Triage meeting (28th May 2022)[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!


We are the hosting the Wikisource Triage meeting on 28th May 2022 at 11 AM UTC / 4:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll. We will be welcoming some developers who contributed to Wikisource related tasks during the recently concluded Indic Hackathon.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 03:39, 23 Maii 2022 (UTC) Reply[reply]

Revisions to the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement Guidelines[recensere]

Hello all,

We'd like to provide an update on the work on the Enforcement Guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct. After the conclusion of the community vote on the guidelines in March, the Community Affairs committee (CAC) of the Board asked that several areas of the guidelines be reviewed for improvements before the Board does its final review. These areas were identified based on community discussions and comments provided during the vote. The CAC also requested review of the controversial Note in 3.1 of the UCoC itself.

Once more, a big thank you to all who voted, especially to all who left constructive feedback and comments! The project team is working with the Board to establish a timeline for this work, and will communicate this next month.

Members of the two prior UCoC Drafting Committees have generously offered their time to help shape improvements to the Guidelines. You can read more about them and their work here, as well as read summaries of their weekly meetings in 2022.

Wikimedians have provided many valuable comments together with the vote and in other conversations. Given the size and diversity of the Wikimedia community, there are even more voices out there who can give ideas on how to improve the enforcement guidelines and add even more valuable ideas to the process. To help the Revisions committee identify improvements, input on several questions for the committee’s review is requested. Visit the Meta-wiki pages (Enforcement Guidelines revision discussions, Policy text revision discussions) to get your ideas to the Committee - it is very important that viewpoints are heard from different communities before the Committee begins drafting revision proposals.

On behalf of the UCoC project team

Xeno (WMF) 22:57, 3 Iunii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Poll regarding Fourth Wikisource Triage meeting[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the fourth Wikisource Triage meeting in the last week of June and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below by 20th June 2022:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/wstriage4

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 13:22, 14 Iunii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to join the fourth Wikisource Triage meeting (29th June 2022)[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the fourth Wikisource Triage meeting on 29th June 2022 at 10:00 AM UTC / 3:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

There is some exciting news about a few technical projects related to Wikisource that are getting started right now and we will be sharing more information during the meeting.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 07:39, 23 Iunii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Results of Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is out![recensere]

Please help translate to your language

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

Hi, Greetings

The winners for Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is announced!

We are happy to share with you winning images for this year's edition. This year saw over 8,584 images represented on commons in over 92 countries. Kindly see images here

Our profound gratitude to all the people who participated and organized local contests and photo walks for this project.

We hope to have you contribute to the campaign next year.

Thank you,

Wiki Loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 16:12, 4 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Section for easy Latin or Latin for learners[recensere]

Hi there, we have a growing amount of content and a few transcribers working on Latin texts for learners. Could we highlight this on the main page, like we do for period Latin? It would also be helpful to have a hub page for this content so we can co-ordinate proofreading efforts etc :) JimKillock (disputatio) 10:38, 9 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@Barbaking, @Demetrius Talpa: Would either of you be able to help with this? --JimKillock (disputatio) 13:06, 31 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Editing pagina prima isn't particularly difficult, but it's protected from editing by non-admins. In principle, I do not mind such additions. Demetrius Talpa (disputatio) 17:58, 31 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Barbaking, @Demetrius Talpa: I've created Formula:Ad discendam linguam latinam and included the completed texts only, could that be added in? --JimKillock (disputatio) 10:34, 6 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Propose statements for the 2022 Election Compass[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Community members in the 2022 Board of Trustees election are invited to propose statements to use in the Election Compass.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/disagree/neutral). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass
  • July 8 - 20: Community members propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August. The Elections Committee will oversee the process, supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance team. MSG will check that the questions are clear, there are no duplicates, no typos, and so on.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) (talk) 11:34, 14 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 7[recensere]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 7, July-September 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the 7th issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! The newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the implementation of Wikimedia's Movement Strategy recommendations, other relevant topics regarding Movement governance, as well as different projects and activities supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team of the Wikimedia Foundation.

The MSG Newsletter is delivered quarterly, while the more frequent Movement Strategy Weekly will be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Movement sustainability: Wikimedia Foundation's annual sustainability report has been published. (continue reading)
  • Improving user experience: recent improvements on the desktop interface for Wikimedia projects. (continue reading)
  • Safety and inclusion: updates on the revision process of the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines. (continue reading)
  • Equity in decisionmaking: reports from Hubs pilots conversations, recent progress from the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, and a new white paper for futures of participation in the Wikimedia movement. (continue reading)
  • Stakeholders coordination: launch of a helpdesk for Affiliates and volunteer communities working on content partnership. (continue reading)
  • Leadership development: updates on leadership projects by Wikimedia movement organizers in Brazil and Cape Verde. (continue reading)
  • Internal knowledge management: launch of a new portal for technical documentation and community resources. (continue reading)
  • Innovate in free knowledge: high-quality audiovisual resources for scientific experiments and a new toolkit to record oral transcripts. (continue reading)
  • Evaluate, iterate, and adapt: results from the Equity Landscape project pilot (continue reading)
  • Other news and updates: a new forum to discuss Movement Strategy implementation, upcoming Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, a new podcast to discuss Movement Strategy, and change of personnel for the Foundation's Movement Strategy and Governance team. (continue reading)

Thank you for reading! RamzyM (WMF) 01:38, 18 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Announcing the six candidates for the 2022 Board of Trustees election[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi everyone,

The Affiliate voting process has concluded. Representatives from each Affiliate organization learned about the candidates by reading candidates’ statements, reviewing candidates’ answers to questions, and considering the candidates’ ratings provided by the Analysis Committee. The selected 2022 Board of Trustees candidates are:

You may see more information about the Results and Statistics of this Board election.

Please take a moment to appreciate the Affiliate Representatives and Analysis Committee members for taking part in this process and helping to grow the Board of Trustees in capacity and diversity. These hours of volunteer work connect us across understanding and perspective. Thank you for your participation.

Thank you to the community members who put themselves forward as candidates for the Board of Trustees. Considering joining the Board of Trustees is no small decision. The time and dedication candidates have shown to this point speaks to their commitment to this movement. Congratulations to those candidates who have been selected. A great amount of appreciation and gratitude for those candidates not selected. Please continue to share your leadership with Wikimedia.

Thank you to those who followed the Affiliate process for this Board election. You may review the results of the Affiliate selection process.

The next part of the Board election process is the community voting period. You may view the Board election timeline here. To prepare for the community voting period, there are several things community members can engage with in the following ways:

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 14:03, 27 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Vote for Election Compass Statements[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Volunteers in the 2022 Board of Trustees election are invited to vote for statements to use in the Election Compass. You can vote for the statements you would like to see included in the Election Compass on Meta-wiki.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/disagree/neutral). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass:

  • July 8 - 20: Volunteers propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 21:01, 27 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Corrigendum[recensere]

Categoria:Opera cum libro digitale => digitali (ars grammatica). Ubi hoc corrigi potest? Demetrius Talpa (disputatio) 20:15, 29 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Inveni. Module:Titulus. Demetrius Talpa (disputatio) 21:28, 29 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Co-operation on easy Latin texts[recensere]

Hi there @Persimmon and Hazelnut, @PWidergren:,

I notice there are three of us working on easy Latin texts — such as Liber:Dialogues of Roman Life.djvu and Liber:Ora Maritima.djvu. It would be great to help each other on these — I’m the only person working on both at the moment, but you are both working more consistently than me! JimKillock (disputatio) 13:09, 31 Iulii 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Certainly. The more the merrier. I am working on Dialogues of Roman Life at the moment, but would be willing to collaborate with anyone interested in making progress with these sorts of easy Latin texts. I am happy with either proofreading or validating text and can supply my own OCR if need be. I use AutoHotkey to produce macrons when they are present in the original text and to streamline adding headers, etc. I do not particularly like adding images to Wikimedia Commons if I do not have to, but know how to upload images if no one else is doing it. PWidergren (disputatio) 20:26, 1 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thank you @PWidergren:; I'll return to Dialogues of Roman Life this weekend. I've also added Liber:Easy Latin Plays which is very short; I've actually had OCR issues with it tho. ::I've made a request to place these texts on the front page where completed (see above discussion and Formula:Ad discendam linguam latinam which would be used to create a section within Pagina Prima.) --JimKillock (disputatio) 10:42, 6 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I'll turn to validating the text on Liber:A First Latin Reader.pdf next.
I have found a very useful list of Latin plays, the list was compiled in 1925, meaning they are all out of US copyright.
Let me know if any look particularly interesting, I suggest we could choose one and have a go? (I'll try to make a Wiki'd list soon). --JimKillock (disputatio) 08:54, 11 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I was thinking of doing Carolus et Maria, Cornelia, and A New Latin Primer once I finished Ora Maritima. These books were written in 1933 by two women working together, so they all
have the same vocabulary. (AFAICT the copyright was not renewed on any of them so they are now public domain in the US, although that's not quite as definite as the older works.) Persimmon and Hazelnut (disputatio) 17:56, 11 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Those seem like good choices, I'd be happy to help. Cornelia has been transcribed somewhere, so we should be able to use that if we can find it.
You can verify lack of copyright renewals by checking the US journals. I'd have to dig out the method but obviously we should do that, we will get removal requests otherwise! --JimKillock (disputatio) 19:16, 11 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Quick note to say someone else has transcribed Ora Maritima and Pro Patria; they have not done the excercises and so on. I've left a note on the talk page. I think we can import the Pro Patria content (they have an open licence) and check for accuracy. --JimKillock (disputatio) 10:50, 12 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I've done an intial import of Pro Patria into a book here --JimKillock (disputatio) 12:39, 12 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I'm done with Pro Patria now; as it was just about import and fixing layout. I've raised the question about Cornelia's copyright on Wikicommons, (Nor can the folks at Commons it seems) but I can't find any evidence that copyright was renewed, so it seems it is public domain in the US. --JimKillock (disputatio) 12:48, 13 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I've set up Liber:Cornelia Mima Maxey.pdf and started checking. (PS: there is also Acta Muciorum in this series, although I cannot find a PDF. --JimKillock (disputatio) 13:53, 13 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Colloquia transcriptions currently abandoned[recensere]

Hi all, this is a bit of a longer term project, I'd like to know if people would like to do this. There are a bunch of abandoned transcriptions of Colloquia, from STOA, available on wayback machine, but not on any public website. See this link. Would anyone like to help move some / most / all of these over here? is there a way to import these programmatically perhaps?

  • Franciscus Cervantes de Salazar. Ad Exercitia Linguae Latinae Dialogi.
  • Sebastianus Castalio. Dialogorum Sacrorum Libri Quatuor.
  • Maturinus Corderius. Colloquia scholastica.
  • Laurentius Corvinus. Latinum Ydeoma.
  • Desiderius Erasmus. Colloquia familiaria. (already here)
  • Ioannes Fontanus. Hortulus puerorum pergratus ac perutilis Latine discentibus.
  • Petrus Mosellanus. Paedologia.
  • Beraldus Nicolaus. Dialogus quo rationes quaedam explicantur quibus dicendi ex tempore facultas parari possit.
  • Jacobus Pontanus. Jacobi Pontani de Societate Jesu Progymnasmatum Latinitatis, sive Dialogorum Volumen primum, cum annotationibus. De Rebus Literariis..
  • Petrus Popo. Colloquia de Scholis Herbipolensibus.
  • Martinus Duncanus Quempensis. Praetextata Latine Loquendi Ratio.
  • Johannes Ludovicus Vives. Exercitatio Linguae Latinae.

--JimKillock (disputatio) 12:52, 12 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@Ser be etre shi Is this something you could help with? JimKillock (disputatio) 08:32, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@JimKillock Oh wow. Yeah, I can help with that!--Ser be etre shi (disputatio) 12:30, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Excellent! JimKillock (disputatio) 12:31, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to join the fifth Wikisource Triage meeting (18th August 2022)[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the fifth Wikisource Triage meeting on 18th August 2022 at 4 PM UTC / 9:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll and also based on the previous feedback to have a Europe-Americas friendly meeting.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 15:05, 15 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Charter of Jönköping[recensere]

Hi all, Sorry for not writing in Latin. My Latin studies are enough for reading the texts, but not for writing on my own.. I have been working a bit with the Swedish National Heritage Archives to make the Charter of Jönköping (Junacop) available on the Wikimedia platforms. The original is in Latin, and I would love to have it added to Wikisource. But it does not have a Latin name, only a Latin text, and I am not sure how to name it. How would you go about naming it? Inventing a Latin name, or any other approach?

Here is the Commons file of the original text. Tanzania (disputatio) 15:31, 16 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi there, do you know if there is a transcription or partial transcription somewhere? Or do you have one? I imagine the document would have been referred to in other documents in Latin, so it probably has a name. What is the Latin for Jönköping / Junacop? (It's Iunecopia according to LA WP.) If we can't find the name presumably something like Carta Junacopiae would do for now, until we find what it is really called in Latin? --JimKillock (disputatio) 10:13, 20 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks for the reply, @JimKillock:. There are several transcriptions, but all of them only give names in Swedish. I so far have failed to find a latin common referral to the document.
In the meanwhile, I added it under the name Chartae (Iunecopia) (the same pattern as Chartae (Faro), but there are probably better solutions – feel free to move. Tanzania (disputatio) 12:39, 20 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Great - I linked the text transcription to the TIF so it can be checked by people interested to do so. JimKillock (disputatio) 12:54, 20 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks for your help! Tanzania (disputatio) 12:54, 20 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Help needed - caching error at Carolus Et Maria.pdf[recensere]

This PDF is caching an old and blank version of the file for some reason. Compare the same file at Commons showing pixel dimensions to the pages and a preview image.

I guess it may clear itself up, but if not can someone poke at the system to sort it out? --JimKillock (disputatio) 10:08, 20 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Still getting a blank PDF with pages of 0 x 0 pixels. --JimKillock (disputatio) 16:37, 20 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Demetrius Talpa On Phabricator at the bug report, Ankry says, "An administrator can try to upload this file locally. This sometimes works as a workaround, but hides the problem."
Is this something you can help with? Or @Barbaking? JimKillock (disputatio) 07:35, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Mmm... I dont know. I would try to start over again - take pdf from the Internet archive again and upload it to the Commons. Or, for example, take pdf from the Internet Archive and convert it to DJVU - maybe the error will go away (if it is in the file itself).Demetrius Talpa (disputatio) 08:18, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
That is a lot of work moving existing page transcriptions from Liber:Marjorie Fay - Carolus Et Maria.pdf (around 70 pages saved are amended to a reasonable extent) unless you have a way to automate that? JimKillock (disputatio) 08:29, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Demetrius Talpa I've asked for instructions on how the file can be changed here by an administrator, to see how much work this is; apparently it has to be done with some regularity, due to an error or bug within the Wikimedia system, rather than the PDF. Nevertheless I appreciate this nis a time cost for someone so I won't ask again if it looks like a lot of work. --JimKillock (disputatio) 11:50, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Demetrius Talpa Looks simple enough (but needs admin privileges):
Download the file from Commons. Visit Special:Upload on your wiki and upload the file, telling it to continue anyway (I think it will complain it exists on commons)
Could you or @Barbaking give this a go? The latest / current version at Commons is what we want. --JimKillock (disputatio) 11:54, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I am not an admin. If Barbaking doesn't respond, then maybe @OrbiliusMagister was here these days. Demetrius Talpa (disputatio) 14:17, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I'll give it a go and upload the file locally. but it cannot be the definitive solution. OrbiliusMagister (disputatio) 14:43, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

<___| Perfectum est, Done. Now the pdf book is locally uploaded. Please go on and try to solve the problem. - OrbiliusMagister (disputatio) 14:56, 21 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thanks, there may be a point where we try to add the missing two scans in, for now tho thanks for doing that. Hopefully the techs woring with Commons and PDFs will work out what the problem is. JimKillock (disputatio) 09:26, 24 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The 2022 Board of Trustees election Community Voting period is now open[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi everyone,

The Community Voting period for the 2022 Board of Trustees election is now open. Here are some helpful links to get you the information you need to vote:

If you are ready to vote, you may go to SecurePoll voting page to vote now. You may vote from August 23 at 00:00 UTC to September 6 at 23:59 UTC. To see about your voter eligibility, please visit the voter eligibility page.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF)

Invitation to join the Movement Strategy Forum[recensere]

Formula:More languages

Hello everyone,

The Movement Strategy Forum (MS Forum) is a multilingual collaborative space for all conversations about Movement Strategy implementation.

We are inviting all Movement participants to collaborate on the MS Forum. The goal of the forum is to build community collaboration, using an inclusive multilingual platform.

The Movement Strategy is a collaborative effort to imagine and build the future of the Wikimedia Movement. Anyone can contribute to the Movement Strategy, from a comment to a full-time project.

Join this forum with your Wikimedia account, engage in conversations, and ask questions in your language.

The Movement Strategy and Governance team (MSG) launched the proposal for the MS Forum in May 2022. There was a 2-month community review period, which ended on 24 July 2022. The community review process included several questions that resulted in interesting conversations. You can read the Community Review Report.

We look forward to seeing you at the MS Forum!

Best regards,

the Movement Strategy and Governance Team

User:MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 11:32, 29 Augusti 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

la.source - it.source alignment[recensere]

@OrbiliusMagister A year ago I posted here news about a project to align it.source nsPage contents with la.source ones by a python script, t.i. cloning la.source wikicode to it.source pages. The projects share most usual templates and they share too some active users, and this ease the procedure. Obviously there are some issues, i.e. occasional unmatching templates and internal wikilinks, as links to nsAuthor: a link [[Scriptor:Aristoteles|Aristoteles]] must be converted into a link to page it:Autore:Aristotele.

Among shared templates, there's Formula:Wl (Wl meaning Wikidata link) that solves this problem, since it outputs a link to local page pointing to wikidata item. So the code {{Wl|Q868|Aristoteles}} here shows a link to Scriptor:Aristoteles, while the same code, posted into an it.source page, shows a link to it:Autore:Aristotele-

If there's no Scriptor page into la.source, but there's a corresponding la.wiki page, Wl template gives a link to wiki page.

When la.wiki page too doesn't exists, Wl template gives a link to wikidata element.

Here two examples: {{Wl|Q868|Aristoteles}}, {{Wl|Q172599|Leopardius}} give Aristoteles, Leopardius.

Please let me know your opinion about Wl template, thanks! Presently I'm testing it into Liber:Le opere di Galileo Galilei I.djvu Alex brollo (disputatio) 16:26, 19 Septembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Poll regarding sixth Wikisource Triage meeting[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the sixth Wikisource Triage meeting in the next week of October and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/aE86KsnqQsBDNdkj

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 14:33, 17 Octobris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to join the sixth Wikisource Triage meeting (26th October 2022)[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the sixth Wikisource Triage meeting on 26th October 2022 at 2 PM UTC / 7:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure. We will be discussing the newly launched Wiki Rescues Manuscripts project and two Wikisource Fellows who will be supporting that project until June 2023 will be joining the conversation as well.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 12:53, 21 Octobris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to attend “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” Sessions[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello all,

During the 2022 Wikimedia Summit, the Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) presented the first outline of the Movement Charter, giving a glimpse on the direction of its future work, and the Charter itself. The MCDC then integrated the initial feedback collected during the Summit. Before proceeding with writing the Charter for the whole Movement, the MCDC wants to interact with community members and gather feedback on the drafts of the three sections: Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement). The Movement Charter drafts will be available on the Meta page here on November 14, 2022. Community wide consultation period on MC will take place from November 20 to December 18, 2022. Learn more about it here.

With the goal of ensuring that people are well informed to fully participate in the conversations and are empowered to contribute their perspective on the Movement Charter, three “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter" sessions have been scheduled in different time zones. Everyone in the Wikimedia Movement is invited to attend these conversations. The aim is to learn about Movement Charter - its goal, purpose, why it matters, and how it impacts your community. MCDC members will attend these sessions to answer your questions and hear community feedback.

The “Ask Me Anything” sessions accommodate communities from different time zones. Only the presentation of the session is recorded and shared afterwards, no recording of conversations. Below is the list of planned events:

  • Asia/Pacific: November 4, 2022 at 09:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Chinese and Japanese.
  • Europe/MENA/Sub Saharan Africa: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Arabic, French and Russian.
  • North and South America/ Western Europe: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Spanish and Portuguese.

On the Meta page you will find more details; Zoom links will be shared 48 hours ahead of the call.

Call for Movement Charter Ambassadors

Individuals or groups from all communities who wish to help include and start conversations in their communities on the Movement Charter are encouraged to become Movement Charter Ambassadors (MC Ambassadors). MC Ambassadors will carry out their own activities and get financial support for enabling conversations in their own languages. Regional facilitators from the Movement Strategy and Governance team are available to support applicants with MC Ambassadors grantmaking. If you are interested please sign up here. Should you have specific questions, please reach out to the MSG team via email: strategy2030@wikimedia.org or on the MS forum.

We thank you for your time and participation.

On behalf of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee,

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 15:33, 7 Novembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Poll regarding 7th Wikisource Triage meeting[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the seventh Wikisource Triage meeting in the last week of November and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/3rNRZDjKn1oaXM7h

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF and PMenon-WMF

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 10:07, 14 Novembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Apply for Funding through the Movement Strategy Community Engagement Package to Support Your Community[recensere]

Formula:More languages

The Wikimedia Movement Strategy implementation is a collaborative effort for all Wikimedians. Movement Strategy Implementation Grants support projects that take the current state of a Movement Strategy Initiative and push it one step forward. If you are looking for an example or some guide on how to engage your community further on Movement Strategy and the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants specifically, you may find this community engagement package helpful.

The goal of this community engagement package is to support more people to access the funding they might need for the implementation work. By becoming a recipient of this grant, you will be able to support other community members to develop further grant applications that fit with your local contexts to benefit your own communities. With this package, the hope is to break down language barriers and to ensure community members have needed information on Movement Strategy to connect with each other. Movement Strategy is a two-way exchange, we can always learn more from the experiences and knowledge of Wikimedians everywhere. We can train and support our peers by using this package, so more people can make use of this great funding opportunity.

If this information interests you or if you have any further thoughts or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as your regional facilitators to discuss further. We will be more than happy to support you. When you are ready, follow the steps on this page to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.

Best regards,
Movement Strategy and Governance Team
Wikimedia Foundation

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 16:26, 14 Novembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Opportunities open for the Ombuds commission and the Case Review Committee[recensere]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

More languagesPlease help translate to your language

Hi everyone! The Ombuds commission (OC) and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for members. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to do so. There is more information below about the opportunity and the skills that are needed.

About the Ombuds commission

The Ombuds commission (OC) works on all Wikimedia projects to investigate complaints about violations of the privacy policy, especially in use of CheckUser and Oversight (also known as Suppression) tools. The Commission mediates between the parties of the investigation and, when violations of the policies are identified, advises the Wikimedia Foundation on best handling. They may also assist the General Counsel, the Chief Executive Officer, or the Board of Trustees of the Foundation in these investigations when legally necessary. For more on the OC's duties and roles, see Ombuds commission on Meta-Wiki.

Volunteers serving in this role should be experienced Wikimedians, active on any project, who have previously used the CheckUser/Oversight tools OR who have the technical ability to understand these tools and the willingness to learn them. They must be able to communicate in English, the common language of the commission. They are expected to be able to engage neutrally in investigating these concerns and to know when to recuse when other roles and relationships may cause conflict. Commissioners will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

About the Case Review Committee

The Case Review Committee (CRC) reviews appeals of eligible Trust & Safety office actions. The CRC is a critical layer of oversight to ensure that Wikimedia Foundation office actions are fair and unbiased. They also make sure the Wikimedia Foundation doesn’t overstep established practices or boundaries. For more about the role, see Case Review Committee on Meta-Wiki.

We are looking for current or former functionaries and experienced volunteers with an interest in joining this group. Applicants must be fluent in English (additional languages are a strong plus) and willing to abide by the terms of the Committee charter. If the work resonates and you qualify, please apply. Committee members will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

Applying to join either of these groups

Members are required to sign the Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information and must be willing to comply with the appropriate Wikimedia Foundation board policies (such as the access to non-public information policy and the Foundation privacy policy). These positions requires a high degree of discretion and trust. Members must also be over 18 years of age.

If you are interested in serving in either capacity listed above, please write in English to the Trust and Safety team at ca(_AT_)wikimedia.org (to apply to the OC) or to the Legal Team at legal(_AT_)wikimedia.org (to apply to the CRC) with information about:

  • Your primary projects
  • Languages you speak/write
  • Any experience you have serving on committees, whether movement or non-movement
  • Your thoughts on what you could bring to the OC or CRC if appointed
  • Any experience you have with the Checkuser or Oversight tools (OC only)
  • Any other information you think is relevant

The deadline for applications is 31 December 2022 in any timezone.

Please feel free to pass this invitation along to any users who you think may be qualified and interested. Thank you!

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

Invitation to participate in Wikisource Triage Meeting (26 November 2022)[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the seventh Wikisource Triage meeting on 26th November 2022 at 10 AM UTC / 3:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

There are going to be updates about a few technical projects related to Wikisource and we will be sharing more information during the meeting.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

PMenon-WMF and KLawal-WMF

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 12:09, 22 Novembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Quaestio[recensere]

Quomodo transcribuntur "Æ" et "ƈt" et "st" et "ſ" et "j" et "u" et "V" et "&"? Habitator terrae (disputatio) 00:08, 24 Novembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Tu optas, quid velis, si tu transcribas volumen novem. Regula per volumen sunt, in pagina disputatio sint. JimKillock (disputatio) 14:49, 23 Decembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Community Wishlist Survey 2023 opens in January[recensere]

Please help translate to your language

(There is a translatable version of this message on MetaWiki)

Hello

The Community Wishlist Survey (CWS) 2023, which lets contributors propose and vote for tools and improvements, starts next month on Monday, 23 January 2023, at 18:00 UTC and will continue annually.

We are inviting you to share your ideas for technical improvements to our tools and platforms. Long experience in editing or technical skills is not required. If you have ever used our software and thought of an idea to improve it, this is the place to come share those ideas!

The dates for the phases of the Survey will be as follows:

  • Phase 1: Submit, discuss, and revise proposals – Monday, Jan 23, 2023 to Sunday, Feb 6, 2023
  • Phase 2: WMF/Community Tech reviews and organizes proposals – Monday, Jan 30, 2023 to Friday, Feb 10, 2023
  • Phase 3: Vote on proposals – Friday, Feb 10, 2023 to Friday, Feb 24, 2023
  • Phase 4: Results posted – Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023

If you want to start writing out your ideas ahead of the Survey, you can start thinking about your proposals and draft them in the CWS sandbox.

We are grateful to all who participated last year. See you in January 2023!

Thank you! Community Tech, STei (WMF) 16:44, 15 Decembris 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Poll regarding January 2023 Wikisource Community meeting[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the January 2023 Wikisource Community meeting in the last week of January and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/5tauCFqk8NJQBcBv

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF and PMenon-WMF

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 03:48, 20 Ianuarii 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to join Wikisource Community meeting (28 January 2023)[recensere]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the first Wikisource Community meeting of the year on 28th January 2023 at 12 PM UTC / 5:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

The first half of the meeting will be focused on non-technical updates and conversations like events, conferences, proofread-a-thons and collaborations. The second half will be focused on technical updates and conversations, such as talking about major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to the ones conducted in previous Triage meetings.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF, PMenon-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (disputatio) 13:03, 25 Ianuarii 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]